The pain a patient is suffering can sometimes be unmanageable. Patients under hospice care are battling chronic illnesses that are limiting their lifespan.
As a provider of palliative care in California, we focus on the unique needs of the patient. Hence, we include pain management to treat their health issues. The first step is helping them cope with the chronic and persistent pain they are dealing with.
In our hospice care in Garden Grove, California, we train our caregivers about the tips in pain management. That is why it is significant to:
- Assess and ask the patient about the pain
- Believe the patient’s account of their pain description
- Choose the most appropriate pain control options available for them
- Deliver the applicable therapeutic intervention in a logical, timely, and well-coordinated manner.
- Enable the patient and empower them to believe that they can control their pain
End-of-life care can be very emotional for the patient, their families, and especially the caregiver. Aside from the patient suffering from their pain, their caregiver too can be affected. Since these caregivers know and understand what their patient is struggling with.
If you have loved ones who need hospice or palliative care, call Advocare Hospice. We offer a line of care services for your ill loved one. A terminally ill loved one still deserves all the help and utmost care to spend their remaining days in peace and comfort.
Let your loved ones experience the care that affirms the value of life. Discover more about us here on the website. Should you have further inquiries, contact us.