Everyone goes through grief and loss differently. As a provider of end of life care, it is part of our services to provide support and assistance for families who lose their loved ones to old age. It is after all a natural response to grieving for a loved one and it can get overwhelming for some more than others.
People who experience grief may experience difficult and unexpected emotions ranging from shock or anger to disbelief, guilt, and profound sadness. This may even disrupt one’s physical health as it makes it difficult to sleep, eat, or even think straight. No matter what you experience as you grieve, it is nothing to feel ashamed of. However, there are healthy ways to cope that may ease your sadness in time.
As a provider of palliative care in California we encourage our clients to come to terms with their grief through the following steps:
- Acknowledge your pain and accept that grief can trigger different and unexpected emotions.
- Understand that this grieving process will be unique to you.
- Seek out face-to-face support from people who care about you.
- Support yourself emotionally by taking care of yourself physically.
- Recognize the difference between grief and depression.
Are you in need of hospice care in Garden Grove, California, for your terminally ill loved one and your family? We at Advocare Hospice can provide you with the support you need.